A cabled pullover designed by Penny Ollman
Wool People Vol. 12
Printed pattern, 16 pages
From Brooklyn Tweed: Astoria is a visually delicate yet substantial layer dotted with eyelet motifs and traveling cables reminiscent of nautical rope. Knit in Arbor, Astoria tethers one to both the open sea and the gentle beach — dense and protective against the sea spray, but also comfortable to wear while viewing the lulling current close to shore.
This garment is worked in pieces from the bottom up, then sewn together. The rib collar is picked up and worked after the shoulders are seamed. The cable and eyelet motifs are worked from charts only.
- 11 (12, 14, 15, 17, 19) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee Wool; 145 yards/50 grams) - photographed in color Thaw
- 1595 (1735, 1930, 2135, 2395, 2645) total yards of DK weight wool yarn
- 30 stitches & 32 rows = 4″ in chart patterns, after blocking
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed.
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
- 36½ (38½, 41½, 45, 49, 53½)” [92.5 (98, 105.5, 114.5, 124.5, 136) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 4–5″ [10–12.5 cm]
- Sample shown in size 38½” [98 cm] with 6½” [16.5 cm] ease on mode
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Sloped Bind Off
Class fee must be paid in full to reserve your space. Please purchase materials prior to the start of class.
Students receive a 10% storewide discount upon registering for class. Discount is valid on class materials plus any purchases through the last day of class; please remind cashier of your class enrollment. Sorry, no additional discounts on sale items or class fees.
You may cancel up to one week before the first class for a full refund (otherwise, no refunds or make-ups for missed classes). We may cancel classes that don't fill.
Unless otherwise noted, classes are intended for students 16+ years old.
Please call us at 503-439-3316.