A lace pullover designed by Melissa Wehrle
Wool People Vol. 12
Printed pattern, 16 pages
From Brooklyn Tweed: Designed for transitional weather, Culswick is a relaxed and oversized piece that is uncomplicated in shape yet polished and well-crafted in fit and detail. Its allover lace patterning brings to mind intricate latticework, with a subtle transparency that invites soft layering and breezy wearing. Worked in fine-gauge Peerie, Culswick is light as a cloud and drapes like a dream, while remaining substantial enough to weather gracefully with time.
The body is worked circularly from the bottom up to the underarms, then divided to work the back and front separately. The sleeves are worked circularly to the armholes and the neckband is picked up and worked after garment assembly. The allover lace motif is worked from charts only.
- 7 (7, 8, 8, 9, 10) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Peerie (100% American Merino wool; 210 yards/50 grams) - photographed in color Hammock
- 1350 (1440, 1515, 1660, 1825, 2020) yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 24 stitches & 29 rows = 4″ in chart pattern with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Note: Gauge for this project changes considerably after blocking; block your swatch prior to measuring to ensure correct sizing.
- 36 (38, 40, 44, 48, 52)” [91.5 (96.5, 101.5, 112, 122, 132) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 4″ [10 cm]
- Sample shown is size 38″ [96.5 cm] with 6″ [15 cm] ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- 1×1 Tubular Cast On
- Sloped Bind Off
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.
Photos courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed.