A two-color short row wrap and scarf by Scott Rohr.
Printed pattern, 20 pages
Wool People Vol. 12
From Brooklyn Tweed: Ellsworth, inspired by the artwork of its namesake, Ellsworth Kelly, is a minimalist take on the dramatic relationship between land and sea, and structure and fluidity. Well-defined blocks of contrasting color stand in almost unresolvable tension, only to move, ripple, and coalesce in bashful compromise as encouraged by the coastal breeze. As its colors weave through your fingers and envelop your shoulders, Ellsworth invites both tactile and visual meditation on the dynamic nature of texture, shape, and space.
Knit flat in garter stitch with two colors of Loft, using short rows to create the colorblock wedges. The wider wrap is knit in three panels and seamed together along the long edges.
- Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50 grams)
- 3 (6) skeins of Color 1 (C1)
- 2 (6) skeins of Color 2 (C2)
- Scarf photographed in colors Snowbound (C1) & Postcard (C2)
- Wrap photographed in colors Fossil (C1) & Cast Iron (C2)
- 650 (1600) yards C1 of fingering weight wool yarn
- 520 (1540) yards C2 of fingering weight wool yarn
- 22 stitches & 42 rows = 4″ in garter stitch, after blocking
- One pair of straight needles or one 24″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
- 9½ (28)” [24 (71) cm] wide; 72″ [183 cm] long
Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking.
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Short Rows: Wrap & Turn Method (garter stitch)
Photos courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed.
Class fee must be paid in full to reserve your space. Please purchase materials prior to the start of class.
Students receive a 10% storewide discount upon registering for class. Discount is valid on class materials plus any purchases through the last day of class; please remind cashier of your class enrollment. Sorry, no additional discounts on sale items or class fees.
You may cancel up to one week before the first class for a full refund (otherwise, no refunds or make-ups for missed classes). We may cancel classes that don't fill.
Unless otherwise noted, classes are intended for students 16+ years old.
Please call us at 503-439-3316.