A half-brioche cardigan by Stacey Gerbman.
Printed pattern, 20 pages.
Wool People Vol. 12
From Brooklyn Tweed: Kumon is the perfect balance of mindless and mindful and familiar and exciting, encouraging the hands’ second nature by beginning with the well-known rib stitch before seamlessly flourishing into sumptuous half-brioche. Uncomplicated yet thoughtful in shape, this piece is a sure layer to reach for during the cool hours of a misty morning.
The garment in Arbor is worked flat in one piece from the bottom to the armholes, then back and fronts are worked separately to the shoulders. The front bands are picked up and knit after shoulders are seamed. The sleeves are knit flat and set in.
- 10 (11, 12, 13, 14) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee Wool; 145 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Driftwood
- 1375 (1495, 1645, 1765, 1915) total yards of DK weight wool yarn
- 14 stitches & 34 rows = 4″ in Half-Brioche Stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One 32″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One 40″ circular needle, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
- 40½ (44, 48½, 52, 56½)” [103 (112, 123, 132, 143.5) cm] circumference at bust, with fronts overlapped
- Suggested Ease: + 4–10″ [10–25 cm]
- Shown in size 40½” [103 cm] with 8½” [21.5 cm] ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Sloped Bind Off
Photos courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed.
Class fee must be paid in full to reserve your space. Please purchase materials prior to the start of class.
Students receive a 10% storewide discount upon registering for class. Discount is valid on class materials plus any purchases through the last day of class; please remind cashier of your class enrollment. Sorry, no additional discounts on sale items or class fees.
You may cancel up to one week before the first class for a full refund (otherwise, no refunds or make-ups for missed classes). We may cancel classes that don't fill.
Unless otherwise noted, classes are intended for students 16+ years old.
Please call us at 503-439-3316.