A triangular lace shawl by Stella Ackroyd.
Printed pattern, 12 pages.
Wool People Vol. 12
From Brooklyn Tweed: Light as a feather and a fan, Peregrine is mild and unassuming yet cloaked in intricate detail begging to take flight. A clever half-drop pattern variation on the traditional old shale motif makes for a delightful overall ogee lace effect that sweeps right up to the edges of the shawl. The resulting natural undulations produce delicate plumes to frame the face and shoulders.
This shawl is worked flat from the top down in lace-weight Vale, starting with a garter tab cast on. The lace motifs are worked from charts only.
- 3 skeins Brooklyn Tweed Vale (100% American Rambouillet wool; 450 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Arabesque
- 1040 total yards of laceweight wool yarn
- 26 stitches and 32 rows = 4″ in chart patterns, after blocking
- One 16-stitch motif from Swatching Chart measures 2½” wide, after blocking
- One 32″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested size: 4 mm (US 6)
- 68″ [173 cm] wingspan; 32″ [81.5 cm] depth at center spine
Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking.
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.
Photos courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed.
Class fee must be paid in full to reserve your space. Please purchase materials prior to the start of class.
Students receive a 10% storewide discount upon registering for class. Discount is valid on class materials plus any purchases through the last day of class; please remind cashier of your class enrollment. Sorry, no additional discounts on sale items or class fees.
You may cancel up to one week before the first class for a full refund (otherwise, no refunds or make-ups for missed classes). We may cancel classes that don't fill.
Unless otherwise noted, classes are intended for students 16+ years old.
Please call us at 503-439-3316.