A lace wrap and cowl by Shannon Cook.
Printed pattern, 12 pages.
Wool People Vol. 12
From Brooklyn Tweed: In a compelling balance of geometric linework and openwork, Rivulet reminds one of the languid swaying of seaweed under water, swirling schools of fish, and rippling coastal bedforms. Let its undulating waves gently lap against your shoulders just as the sun kisses your cheeks.
Knit flat with Loft in twisted rib and geometric lace, with optional instructions for crocheted button loops for converting into a cowl. The lace motif is worked from charts only.
- 4 skeins Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Sweatshirt
- 1055 total yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 22½ stitches & 30 rows = 4″ in chart pattern, after blocking
- One 13-stitch motif from chart measures 2¼” wide, after blocking
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
- 16¼” [41.5 cm] wide; 61¼” [155.5 cm] long
Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking. Width measurement taken from farthest point of wave on each side.
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Button Loop
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.
Photos courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed.
Class fee must be paid in full to reserve your space. Please purchase materials prior to the start of class.
Students receive a 10% storewide discount upon registering for class. Discount is valid on class materials plus any purchases through the last day of class; please remind cashier of your class enrollment. Sorry, no additional discounts on sale items or class fees.
You may cancel up to one week before the first class for a full refund (otherwise, no refunds or make-ups for missed classes). We may cancel classes that don't fill.
Unless otherwise noted, classes are intended for students 16+ years old.
Please call us at 503-439-3316.