A modern lace turtleneck pullover by Emily Greene.
Printed pattern, 16 pages.
Wool People Vol. 12
From Brooklyn Tweed: Featuring eyelet linework that easily belongs near the sea, conjuring images of coastal footbridges, the wake of a ship, or sea urchin shells, Tensile is an ethereal spring layer. Worked in airy, woolen-spun Loft, this piece is one that wears next to the skin like sea foam — clouds on the sand — seemingly floating and barely there, but held together by the tensility of a thousand humble stitches.
This garment is worked flat in pieces from the bottom up, then sewn together. The turtleneck collar is picked up and worked circularly. The eyelet motif is worked from charts only.
- 6 (6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Snowbound
- 1520 (1650, 1925, 2155, 2200, 2470, 2645) total yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 24½ stitches & 31½ rows = 4″ in chart pattern with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Note: Gauge for this project changes considerably after blocking; please block your swatch prior to measuring to ensure correct sizing.
Size A (for Main Fabric and Collar)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¼mm (US 3)
Size B (for Hem and Collar Ribbing)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 2¾ mm (US 2)
Size C (for Sleeve Ribbing)
- One pair of straight needles or a 24″ circular needle**, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 2¼ mm (US 1)
*Shorter circular needle to be used for working collar in the round; DPNs or longer circular needle and Magic Loop technique may be used if preferred
**Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
- 47 (51, 55, 59, 62½, 66½, 70½)” [119.5 (129.5, 139.5, 150, 159, 169, 179) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 14–16″ [35-40] cm
- Sample shown is size 51″ [129.5 cm] with 19″ [48.5 cm] ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Sloped Bind Off
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.
Photos courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed.