A fully fashioned cardigan with garter trim by Annie Rowden.
Printed pattern, 12 pages
Wool People Vol. 12
From Brooklyn Tweed: Willapa is a refined but uncomplicated staple — longline and designed to fit close to the body while remaining weightless in woolen-spun Loft. Akin to a languid stroll, the stockinette fabric is suited for contemplative tactile exploration. The garter stitch trims and shawl collar also bring to mind a quiet pebble-lined path to where the forest meets the sea.
The yoke is worked from the top down; the body and sleeves are divided at the underarm and worked separately to the bottom. The sleeves are worked circularly and the collar is picked up and worked flat with short row shaping. Instructions for optional patch pockets are included.
- 8 (9, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Woodsmoke
- 2055 (2270, 2475, 2640, 2855, 3070, 3250) total yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 22 stitches & 34 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch, after blocking
- 22 stitches & 48 rows = 4″ in garter stitch, after blocking
Note: Be sure to swatch both stitch patterns to ensure correct sizing.
- One each 32″ and 47″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
*32″ circular needles can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g. Sleeves).
- 16¾ (18½, 20¼, 21½, 23¼, 25, 26½)” [42.5 (47, 51.5, 54.5, 59, 63.5, 67.5) cm] back width
- Sized to fit approximately 30–32 (34–36, 38–40, 42–44, 46–48, 50–52)” [76–81.5 (86.5–91.5, 96.5–101.5, 106.5–112, 117–122, 127–132) cm] bust
- Recommended Ease: + 0–3” [0–7.5 cm]
- Sample shown is size 18½” [47 cm] on model with 32″ [81.5 cm] bust
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Backward Loop Cast On
- Short Rows: Wrap & Turn Method
- Icelandic Bind Off
Photos courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed.
Class fee must be paid in full to reserve your space. Please purchase materials prior to the start of class.
Students receive a 10% storewide discount upon registering for class. Discount is valid on class materials plus any purchases through the last day of class; please remind cashier of your class enrollment. Sorry, no additional discounts on sale items or class fees.
You may cancel up to one week before the first class for a full refund (otherwise, no refunds or make-ups for missed classes). We may cancel classes that don't fill.
Unless otherwise noted, classes are intended for students 16+ years old.
Please call us at 503-439-3316.